Stratecomm Delivers New Look & Plone (CMS) Power to World Affairs Councils of America
When The World Affairs Council of America (WACA), the largest International Affairs non-profit organization in the United States, commissioned Stratecomm to redesign and develop its web site, the need for membership and content management systems was clear.
Some of the challenges and goals for this project included:
- Re-design of the entire site, using the existing logo and artwork
- Revamped information architecture and site navigation to increase usability
- Integration of a robust, user-friendly Content Managment System (CMS) to enable non-technical staff to update site contents
- Creation of a Membership Management Database and extranet for posting confidential data
- Addition of online registration tools for the organization's 2006 National Conference
Stratecomm chose two open-source development tools to provide WACA with the majority of the identified functionality requirements: Zope, a web application server, and Plone CMS, a powerful content managment system (CMS). The Zope/Plone combination has proven successful solution in meeting the organization's goals, and the future scalability of the site.